The Youth Sustainability Board’s goal is to be the one stop shop for youth engagement in sustainability. We know that not all high school students want the same thing in an experience so we offer a variety of opportunities. We offer opportunities to engage inside their schools, in their communities, with adults in the realm, as well as expand their education and leadership skills.
Who We Are
The Youth Sustainability Board is comprised of high school students who are passionate about making a difference within the sustainability sphere. We have over 300 youth who have engaged with us in the page 1.5 years and continue to grow. We currently have youth in 11 schools including 6 school clubs.
Services We Provide to Students:
- Volunteer opportunities, internships, outreach support, and real-world connections
- Coalition of like-minded youth wanting to create positive change with sustainability initiatives within their community
- Mentors both from the Board and volunteers
- Educational events; from trainings, conferences, guest speakers, initiatives, and meetings
- Leadership opportunities: get engaged with the change by having a position on one of the teams leading a part of the bigger picture (recruitment, fundraising, events, etc)
- Skills; grant writing, public speaking, how to make change, empowerment, outreach, communication, project management
Executive Director: Maddy Gawler
Co-Presidents: Hailey Hayes, Sam Anderson & Sebastian Andrews
Vice President: Nicole Taylor
To reach us, please contact us!